Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Froggy Go Home!

Yesterday while I was in the waiting room waiting for my DD to be in the recovery room, I worked on the Christmas Blackwork Cat from the JCS ormament issue. In the hour and a half I was stitching (minus 15 minutes for a smoke break) I got the entire border done. Then, who should appear but the nasty green skinned wart spreading FROG! The last stitch did not connect to the first stitch which was the cat's ear. So I started counting to find the error. Of course, it is way back at the base of the front paw where I put in 6 stitches instead of 5 so I had to frog everything I had done thus far in the waiting room that morning plus some I had finished the day before.

I refused to let that get me down though. So after dinner last night, I put my day light lamp in the living room, sat down to watch tv and stitch. I got the entire outline, which is 2 threads done and this time it lined up perfectly! Even more, I got the filler pattern completed inside the tail. I am very proud of myself. I do not have pictures yet because my DH took the camera to work with him today so I will try to post pics tomorrow.

After I finished the filler pattern on the tail, I picked up the Christmas Bell thread crochet ornament I started. I completed it, but it is lopsided. Upon re-reading the chart I realized there is a printing error back in the first row. Chain 32, double crochet in 4th chain from hook and in each chain accross. Total 30 double crochets. Ummmm..32 minus 4 is 28, not 30. But, since I finished the bell and it doesn't look too bad I did not bother frogging it (I just didn't have the heart to!). Instead I made a note on the pattern and started a new one! I am still fairly new to thread crochet but I think I'm doing pretty good.

I have completed another doily/coaster. It looks like a sun almost because it has stitches that stick off the outside edge in triangular points. I really like it! Again I don't have pics because DH took the camera to work, but I will put pics up tomorrow!

I'm going to try to add links to the blogs I've been reading. I hope it works!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)