Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blackwork, Stitchathons, and Life

Well I have not been stitching much lately as the radio frequency procedure on my back has worn off, so my pain is back to the levels it was before the procedure was done back in Aug. 2007. Add to that having a sick 7 month old in the house, and well not a whole lot of anything got done.



Last night I did start a new project though. Tam's Creations Blackwork Winter. I got the snowman in the center done and started on the border which surrounds him. I just love blackwork and I love this design. It is being stitched on 25ct, 2 strands over 2 of DMC 550.



I have to take DD to the surgeon today to see about doing the lower lumbar fusion she needs done. I am hoping the surgeon is willing to do it as the poor kid has been in so much pain. The surgery will have a long recovery with it, but if it works it should make it possible for her to work again and have a more normal life. I just want her to be pain free!

The month long stitchathon for March 2008 is over and the weeklong for April started on Monday the 14th. I predicted that I would do between 12,000 to 14,000 minutes stitching time total in this year's stitchalongs. In keeping with the challenge I joined here are my totals (in minutes):

January: 1,531
February: 1,941
March: 3,580

Total so far: 7,052

1 comment:

  1. ((Hugs)) to you and your daughter...

    Great start on the blackwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)