Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Friday, May 2, 2008

SBQ, WIP

I have done a little bit more stitching on Blackwork Winter by Tam's Creations. Only one more motif from my last update, but I plan on stitching some more before I have to raid tonight on World Of Warcraft.




My broken toe is still swollen and lumpy and I am beginning to think the furniture in my house will not be satisfied until the toe falls off! I keep smacking it on things and making it worse. *sigh* Of course the doctor won't do anything but tape my toes together which is no protection at all so I'm not going to bother to go back unless the swelling has not improved by Monday. The damn toe has kept me from doing many of the things I wanted and needed to get done this week as I can't wear my shoes and I can't put pressure on my left foot which has pretty much kept me home. I'm hoping my DH can put a package in the mail for me tomorrow morning, preferably overnight delivery (or 2 day delivery) as it is an exchange that is late.

My back is feeling better though. The doctor redid the radio frequency procedure and the results are just as good as the first time I had it done. My pain level which had returned to an 8-10 on a daily basis has once again dropped to a 2-3 upon waking and no higher than a 5 even after I do housework. I am so very happy to have the pain back under control again. I have put a reminder in my MS Outlook calendar to let me know that it is time to redo the procedure in August before it wears off completely and I have to spend 2 to 4 weeks in extreme pain every single day. What I like besides the lower pain level is that this procedure does not use steroids or narcotic pain killers to control the pain. I can't help but feel that the fewer medications I put in my body now the better it will be for me as I get older. Sadly I can not go without any pain medication at all, but this procedure should make it possible for me to go a very long time before raising my dose becomes necessary again.

SBQ for April 30, 2008:

Do you have any pieces that you would liked passed on to future generations as family heirlooms?

Yes. I would like the Teresa Wentzler peices to be passed down as they were difficult peices to do. I would also like any peices that I did specifically for my children to be passed down as well. If I ever get the Sistine Chapel done I am hoping that also will be one that is passed down as it is a very large project that will take a great deal of time and effort.

My DD is putting together a book of her poems on lulu.com. Due to her back she is unable to work right now and she wanted some way to earn some income. I think her poetry and prose is very good so I encouraged her to put them together in a book format and sell the book through lulu.com. I can't wait until she has it completed so I can purchase the first copy! I am so proud of her! Here is one of her poems which she wrote in Middle School.

Death is my demon lover
Author: Samantha ******** 3/6/2001 ©

On silver and black wings,
Death flies with me,
Hand in hand,
We soar through the sky.
Welcome slices of his sickle
Slash my soft skin,
From each slice of flesh,
Sweet blood flows.
Each precious drop
Frees my heart to feel

No pain, nor grief,
No worries, or troubles.
Peace replaces these
At long last, my soul at rest.

Death,
A part of me
For ever and always,

My demon lover.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)