Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sharing Motherhood on Blogs

I was going through my blog links today and came accross this entry in Dooce's blog.

http://www.dooce.com/2008/05/02/newsletter-month-fifty-and-fifty-one

Read it! It moved me a great deal. I've been reading her blog for months now and never once thought she was exploiting her child. To me it is understood that not every little experience in a person's day makes it onto their blogs, so it was obvious to me that Dooce was not sharing everything about her life, family, and child. Yet, she has received accusations stemming from exploitation to child abuse because she writes about her daughter on her blog and includes pictures of her. I was astounded to hear that any one would say her writings are abusive to her child. Dooce has a very sarcastic sense of humor, but it is obvious from the words she chooses that she loves her daughter very much and is presenting some of their experiences for the right reasons (either was a sweet warm fuzzy moment, or really funny, or made her think etc.). As part of women bloggers and BlogHer (I think that's what it is called) Dooce is part of a group of women who blog to give a voice to mothers everywhere and in part to help other mothers realize they are not alone and to help people to realize that being a parent is not an easy job. Even in this day and age too many people seem to think that raising a child is easy and that is sad since we should know better.

I think back to when my DD was a toddler and I wish blogs like Dooce's (and others) were available then because it would have made so many things easier for me; the biggest one being that I was not alone. My DD was a wonderful toddler, but she was difficult as well. She has always been very independent, stubborn, creative, amusing, sweet, cranky etc etc (all the various emotional states that human beings have). During those times where she was having a bad day or was overwhelmed, reading someone else's experience with similar behaviors would have been so very helpful.

Maybe I am wrong, but I agree with Dooce and I applaud her and other blogging mothers for what they are doing! Keep it up ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)