Here is a closeup:
In my last post I promised a picture of my progress on Tam's Creations Winter Blackwork. So here it is as of December 2008.
Since it is now 2009 I figure I should go over the goals I made for 2008 and see if I met them at all. The original post is here and my goals were:
- Have at least 10 finishes. I seem to have confused my goals. Here I wrote I want 10, but on webshots I wrote that I wanted more than 2007. I did not meet my blog goal but I did meet my webshots goal. I have 5 finishes in cross stitch for 2008.
- complete stitched ornaments into completed ready to hang up ornaments I got a couple done, but not all of them.
- Finish either Stroke of Midnight or Woodland Fairy by TW (preferably finish both) nope
- Participate in at least 2 swaps/exchanges (I was so happy to get my 2008 re-approval from CSC!) DONE
- Continue to encourage Curtis and now Stephanie (My sister-in-law who has moved into the house) to stitch as well. DONE
- complete at least one (preferably more) of the harder thread crochet doilies that are at the half way point (I am afraid I'll mess them up even though I have done them well so far LOL) DONE both of them!
- Organize my stash and threads better DONE
- Continue to make thread crochet items as practice and maybe try to do an afghan or something larger than a 16 inch doily DONE by working on doilies but no afghan yet.
- complete at least 2 more charity squares DONE, did 3!
Not as good as I wanted, but not bad considering I didn't stitch at all in 2007! Now goals for 2009, lets see:
- Finish at least 10 pieces
- Finish one of the 2 TW's I have as WIPS
- Do at least 2 charity squares
- Participate in at least 2 exchanges
- Complete my excel sheet of magazines
- Create excel sheet of freebies
- Get Bridgette's birth sampler done
- Get parent's 50th anniversary sampler done
- Get Tinkerbell done for father in law
- continue thread crochet
That seems like a good list of goals. Hopefully I can do a good job with it through out 2009! So what are your goals for the New Year?