Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Monday, November 14, 2011

YAY I Stitched!

Thank you all for your well wishes about my illness. I really appreciate it!

Today (Sunday the 13th) was a pretty good day all in all. I did manage to do some stitching. I almost got completely caught up on blog reading. I started a new blog that will be a directory of needlework blogs. Since I have so many in my reader and I've seen many new stitching bloggers comment that they've had a difficult time finding other stitching blogs, I thought creating a directory would be a good idea.

When I started this blog there were two sites (that I found) which contained listings of links to other stitching blogs. However neither site has beeen updated in a very long time and many of the links were broken. So I've started making a directory. You can see that blog here:  Directory Of Stitching Blogs. I will start out by putting all the blogs that are listed in my reader into the directory. I hope to continue adding to the directory as people submit their blogs, submit a friend's blog, or I come across new blogs.  If I am listed as a follower on your blog, you are already in my reader and will be added to the directory. Please feel free to submit a blog by emailing me.

I joined in on the Christmas Ornament Challenge 2011 that BeckySC started. I've been meaning to stitch ornaments for my Christmas tree for a couple years now, but just hadn't done them yet. This challenge sounded like a great motivation to get some done this year, so I joined in. Due to being sick for 3 weeks I wasn't able to start stitching ornaments on Nov. 1st like I had hoped, but I did manage to start stitching today! Woo Hoo!

For my first ornament I chose Christmas Cat Tree by Brittercup Designs from this year's Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue. I'm stitching on 28ct Antique White Jazzlyn from Wichelt Importers using DMC floss. I didn't get very far but at least it's a start! lol The colors are a bit faded on this picture as I had to use the flash.

Christmas Cat Tree © Brittercup Designs
DMC floss 2 over 2 on 28ct Jazzlyn
I am hoping to have this finished tomorrow and then I'll start doing the Reindeer patterns created by DaffyCat. They are really cute and will make a nice little set of ornaments. You can find information about the Reindeer patterns at DaffyCat's blog "It's DaffyCat!!". There are 4 Reindeer charts (among other freebies) and that link will open her blog entry for the Stocking Reindeer.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Christmas Cat Tree design in JCS - it is on my list of one's to do this year.

    Glad that you are feeling better.

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo well done on the stitching front .. hope you are feeling much better now :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Mom! I'm glad you're feeling better sick-wise enough to start stitching again! Maybe we can stitch together again sometime this week? I hope so. <3 I miss our little "club". I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start on the Cat ornament. Glad you got some stitching done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to blogland -- It should only take you a mnth or two to catch up lol

    Good luck on your ornament challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)