Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Friday, December 7, 2007

It's Done!

YAY! I got it done and I am so so proud of it! I was so worried that any ornament I actually finished would look horrible or maybe like it was sewed by a chimpanzee! But when it was done, I was soooooo very happy with it, it looked great! I won't deny that for a few moments I wanted to keep it for myself LOL Instead I went to the post office, put it and a couple surprises into a box, addressed it to Canada and mailed it off to Velda. I really hope she likes it! I feel bad because it was late and even express mail said it would take 3 to 5 business days due to it having to go through customs. Which means the latest it will get there is Thursday the 13th, but at least it will be there 2 weeks before Christmas and she will have time to enjoy it before the holiday is over. The pictures do not show the fabric very well but it was a hand dyed Solo from Silkweaver that changed colors from a gray-blue to blue and then light purple to purple. I used the mostly purple peice for the back as Velda's favorite color is purple. For the seams I used a backstitch border around each peice then using 4 strands of floss (2 black and 2 dark purple) I joined the backstitches together to close the seams. I used the purple to help bring the purple back together with the blackwork front. The holly leaves are dark green satin stitch 3 strands, and the holly berries are red seedbeads from Mill Hill, 4 of them stitched close together with 1 strand red floss. The sparklies in the fabric were perfect through the blackwork, gives it a sparkle, but this doesn't show up well on the pictures.

The back was done by hand and I did not chart the words. I added the gold braid star to balance it out when it came out with extra space on the end of X-Mas. The back looks ok I guess.

I'm just glad that I got it done and it came out as well as it did. I hope Velda likes it!

2 comments:

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)