Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Stitching Update


This is what my Blackwork Winter Sampler by Tam's Creations looks like as of April 6, 2009. I am now finished with 3 out of 5 pages. I am getting closer to finishing it and am still loving every stitch.



I have started TW's Wedding Sampler. This is what I have done so far (as of April 9, 2009). It is not a lot and I have already made a mistake, which I will remove tomorrow. I would have some of the satin stitches put in but I don't have the rayon floss it calls for. I am doing this on Painted Champagne Cocktail 28ct Jobelen by Enchanted Fabrics using DMC cotton and rayon flosses. It will have both 2 over 2 and 1 over 1 areas. I hope to stitch on this at least 2 hours every day.
I had to drive to Savannah Georgia to pick up my daughter. She was on her way home after spending a few weeks with friends in Virginia. Sadly she missed one of her buses and the next one wouldn't be there for 4 hours or so. So Stephanie and I went to get her. It wasn't too bad of a drive and it didn't hurt my back as much as I thought it would. We had a lot of fun on the drive back, singing along to music, cracking jokes with each other, laughing, and just enjoying each other's company.
On the way up there Stephanie and I discussed the possibility of opening a needlework store here in town. I think it would have a decent chance of doing pretty well since the closest needlework store to our town is over an hour away to the west and over 2 hours to the east. So tomorrow I will be searching for information on market research and seeing if I can't find that article that discusses small business loans from the state and/or county that I read a while back. We will of course have a web site as well as a physical store. Here is hoping that this will work well! I am very excited by the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)