Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Christmas In July Exchange and SBQ

I joined an exchange on the San Man Originals board called Christmas in July. It is a surprise gift exchange, so long as the gift is stitchy in nature. It can be any kind of stitchy item, not necessarily a stitched and finished piece. I received my package on Saturday and had a lot of fun unwrapping the presents. I had that same feeling of anticipation and surprise that I get on Christmas morning. My partner is Donna and she sent me some beautiful things!




This is a picture of all the lovely presents Donna sent me! My first ever pinkeep and it is gorgeous! On the back is says "Christmas in July" and has a ribbon with "handmade by Donna" embroidered on it, which is such a nice touch. In the little blue bag are beads that look like Christmas lights and heart charms that say "hand made with love" on them. I think those will be wonderful additions to future pieces that I do. She also sent 6 strands sweets floss in black currant, it is a gorgeous color! There is a package of sticky gems, a mini snow globe key chain that lets you insert your own item into the center and 3 charts . 2 of them are teddy bears: One is a tattered teddy design and the other is a Gloria and Pat design, a bear dressed in clothing that looks like it belongs in 17 or 1800's. The third pattern is a baby announcement and it is gorgeous! (Now to find a baby to stitch it for lol)

Thank you so much Donna, I love everything! I have been positively spoiled in this exchange and am grateful for all of it.

I hope you enjoy the package I send you. It will go into the mail on Tuesday the 15Th at the latest.


As usual I am behind on SBQ so here are the ones I have missed:
May 14, 2008

Define a stitching term or acronym for new stitchers.

For newbies: What stitching term or acronym would you like defined?


WIP: Works in progress Frogging: ripping stitches out



May 29, 2008

Do you ever get to a point working on a project that you've had for so long, you start to wonder what possessed you to start it in the first place?


I am usually pretty good at remembering why I started a project though that doesn't stop me from losing interest for periods of time with the larger or complicated designs (such as TW Design Works) so that I have to take a break from them for a while.

June 18, 2008
Do you currently subscribe to any stitching publications or have you in the past? (Either in print or online) If so, which ones?

Yes. I receive Just Cross Stitch, The Cross Stitcher, Cross Stitch and Needlework and The Gift Of Stitching (e-zine).

July 9, 2008

How do you balance your stitching time with your other obligations such as work, household chores, etc.?


I try to make sure I get at least 1 to 2 hours of stitching time a day, usually after dinner because by then most of the chores are done so there are fewer interruptions. Since I have to rest every 15 minutes (due to my low back and pelvis issues) or so while I am cleaning I sometimes use those 15 minutes as a stitching break. As much as I enjoy stitching however, if an emergency arises ( or even a non-emergency but some other family issue) then the stitching is set aside. My family is my #1 priority so if they need me for anything, they get all ofmy attention.


Well that catches me up so I'm going to put my back pain in bed. Have a great day everyone!



1 comment:

  1. what a lovely package you had :-) im kinda sorry i didnt join in the exchnge myself
    hugs kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)