Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Stash and Dinky Dyes

I have ordered some new floss and fabric for my stash. I have a design called "Wedding Anniversary Sampler" by Lois Winston from "The Cross Stitcher" magazine June 2006. It is for either the 25th or 50th wedding anniversary. My parents celebrated their 50th on June 1, 2008 so I chose to do this design for them. I can't find a picture so I'll have to describe it. It has a border around it of gold hearts (done with metallic floss). At the top there is a larger heart with 50 years and two small flowers inside it. The heart and numbers are gold braid. Throughout the design are small flowers and smaller hearts. The verse is "Love is a second life. It grows into the soul, warms every vein, and beats in every pulse." Then there is space for both names and the date of their marriage underneath the names. It is fairly simple but quite beautiful and the flowers are the exact color scheme my mother uses when decorating her home.

My DH wants me to stitch it in silk floss as this peice will represent a very important event and I agreed with him. So I started looking for conversion charts from DMC to Dinky Dyes as I really love Jo's silk thread. I am not real good with color conversions so I sent an email to Jo asking if she could reccomend colors to replace the DMC for this design. I was not expecting an answer as I am sure she is a very busy person and must get a lot of similar requests. I was very happily surprised to get an email back from her that not only gave the conversion I wanted but also made sure the tones of each color would work well together. I really appreciate her taking the time to answer my request. Her warmth and willingness to assist her customers is one of the reasons I like her threads so much. Her colors are gorgeous and the silk (and cotton also) threads are just beautiful and a dream to stitch with. If you like stitching with silk, give Dinky Dyes a try, they are wonderful. I can't wait to get my order and do this chart as I think it will be beautiful!

I did get some more stitching done today on the Precious Moments peice, filling in the remainder of the angel's white gown. I'll try to post a picture of my progress tomorrow. I am hoping to have it completed by the end of the week as there really isn't much left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)