Copyright

All works on this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the author Missy H. (aka M. Hull). Please do not use any posts without permission of blog author. You can contact me via email.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness

Breast cancer is a major concern for me as my family history is riddled with it. Every female in my family (both on mother's and father's sides) have died of breast cancer. My biological mother died at 44 and her mother (my maternal grandmother) died at 31. None of the women lived past 45. So I have a mammogram and an ultrasound every year and have been recommended for a prophylactic radical mastectomy (both breasts) that I have not consented to have done yet.

Please visit this site and click on the pink button that says "Click here to give- its free!". This helps to provide women with free mammograms! You can click daily. The sponsors give money based on the numbers of clicks, so please take a moment to click to help someone today! In case the link doesn't work here it is typed out to copy/paste into your browser:

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2


Now to provide even more incentive to go click (hehe evil aren't I?) I will do a drawing at the end of a week. All you have to do is click at the breast cancer site then post a comment to this blog entry to let me know you have clicked. (Please do not cheat, this is too important!). On Friday Oct. 10th, I will draw a name and send the winner a package that includes some stitchy goodness or a chart of their choice! So what are you waiting for? Get clicking!

Now for health and stitching updates! I saw my doctor today and she adjusted my medication. I did not realize I had been on the same dose for just over 5 years! She was real surprised as many people need their doses adjusted much sooner than 5 years. By the time I got home I was in a great deal of pain, so I took my afternoon medication from the new dosage. I did not take breakthrough medication as I wanted to see if the new dose would be more effective than the old one. I am quite happy to report that it was! I went from an 8 to a 5 within an hour! I think this new dose is going to help me manage my pain more effectively and that causes so many feelings that I just can't express them correctly.

I did stitch while I sat in the doctor's office for 3 hours. I worked on Blackwork Winter by Tam's Creations again. (per my rotation it is a smaller project day) I got 1 mitten, snowball and hat in then moved to the 4th "round" (the pattern is pieced together by corners, so it is half of each side at a time) where I put in an ice skate and skis. I would have gotten more but I had to keep getting up and walking around. The chairs in that office just kill my back! I will post an update pic tomorrow.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for visiting my internet home for my crafts. I appreciate your taking the time to visit and/or comment.

If you have any questions (looking for designer information of a piece I'm stitching, how to do cross stitch etc. ) please feel free to contact me. You will find my email address in my profile and I will do my best to either answer your question, or find information that can help you get your answer.

Thank you again for the visit and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Missy (aka Raven)